It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 pm

got a new vehicle 
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Congrats! You'll get 200,000 miles out of that truck and never have a problem with it. It's a Honda...

Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:37 am
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

nice to see a van with the backend cut out to make a bed...they should not call a unibody vehicle a truck!

btw it is nice and they are a nice vehicle...i just dont like the idea of having a truck with no real frame under it.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

nice to see a van with the backend cut out to make a bed...they should not call a unibody vehicle a truck!

btw it is nice and they are a nice vehicle...i just dont like the idea of having a truck with no real frame under it.

I would say the same thing, but I am in the same boat as Major... I rarely have use for a full blown truck. I just own them because I can... and for the power. I would almost prefer having a nice Tahoe, but the functionality of a truck is just easier. A load of dirt, hauling dirty tools, plywood/sheetrock, garbage, leaves and scrap wood... all would mess up an SUV. On top of that, hauling gas inside of vehicle makes it stink for days if it spills even a little. I don't offroad a lot with my truck a lot, so that's not a real reason to own one.

I guess what I am saying is, as long as the truck is capable (which the Ridgeline is), for some people it is more than enough. Would I own one, probably not, but only because of the power to haul my big ass trailer. Otherwise, it would definitely be a consideration. Especially since I have been through three trucks versus my wife's Honda Pilot and all of them sucked by comparison (except the Dodge). Even this new Ford has ball joint problems at 20kmi that I have to take in and get fixed. I have had this Ford for 3 weeks and it already has had more problems than the 55kmi Pilot we have. Hmmmmm.

LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com
www.streetandcomp.com

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:31 am
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Like i said i'm not saying its a bad vehicle, and like you stated if your not using it as a heavy duty truck then it will do what its needed for.

I use my truck every day as a truck...90% of the time it has my landscape trailer hooked up to it...its always got shovels and rakes and grass clippings and other crap in the bed...hell i've had 1500lbs of pavers in there....talk about wheel well stuffage!

btw did i mention i really need to move up to a 3/4ton!

major is it the allwheel drive or fwd?

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:58 am
Profile WWW
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

all wheel drive. I need a vehicle that is about 60% car, 40% truck. This fits perfectly.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:28 pm
Blasphemy!
Blasphemy!

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Major as a young boy

"gay" is not being able to go on vacation because your piece of shit cherokee will shit the bed again.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:37 pm
Front Runner
Front Runner

"gay" is not being able to go on vacation because your piece of shit cherokee will shit the bed again.

lmfao :lol:

Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Blasphemy!
Blasphemy!

bite your tongue son - never diss the cherokee - never ever ...the original Big Dog steps up each and every time - don't you know that by now ?

Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

it even braved the flood to get my Charger :lol:

50 feet away man, only 50 feet away!

Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:22 am
Profile YIM WWW
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Nice wheels Tom! I'll bet you're enjoying a lot better gas mileage too.

Ball joints already huh travis ... ya should have got the chevy! :D

Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:07 am
Profile YIM
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Nice wheels Tom! I'll bet you're enjoying a lot better gas mileage too.

Ball joints already huh travis ... ya should have got the chevy! :D

Yeah.... at 23kmi, my 04 Chevy was already on it's second replacement speedo, second intermediate steering shaft, second set of new floor carpeting and a new extended cab window. By 34kmi I had to replace the 4wd button assembly, another set of floor carpeting, an intermediate steering shaft again and my third speedo assembly. But hey, 34kmi is tough on a truck. :rolleyes:

I feel bad for not buying a Dodge. My Dodge was good to me... but the interior sucked. Maybe I will buy a Toyota... when I become independently wealthy.

LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.streetandcomp.com

Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:22 am
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

you must have gotten a bad one. mine has been excellent. i've had it back to the dealer once for a loose tie rod end which turned out to be a loose jam nut so they tightened it, aligned the truck and no problems. i bought it with 23k, and i've got 34k on it now.

my stepfather has the same truck i do except it's extended cab and an '06 and he has over 45k on it and hasn't had to replace a thing ... even his brakes are in good shape and he hauls around a 5 ton tractor on a 16' flatbed trailer on a weekly basis.

maybe there's a difference between the 1500 and 2500, but my tahoe and avalanche were both 1500's ... tahoe had 45k when i got rid of it and the avalanche had almost 40 and neither one ever needed warranty service.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:42 am
Profile YIM
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

maybe there's a difference between the 1500 and 2500, but my tahoe and avalanche were both 1500's ... tahoe had 45k when i got rid of it and the avalanche had almost 40 and neither one ever needed warranty service.

That is completely the opposite of my family and friends experience. My father has an 03 1500 that was identicle to my 04. He has had the 4wd buttons twice, the drivers window motor once, the steering shaft twice, the speedo twice, a replacement rear bumper at 35kmi because it rusted out completely and one transmission that they wouldn't warranty for some stupid reason. All of my friends and family with 1500 and some with 2500 Chevy's have had the steering shaft, window motor, 4wd button and speedo problems. My counsin with an 04 extended had all of my problems and more. There are very few Chevy truck owners that I have met who have not had steering shaft and speedo problems, but there are some out there.

Maybe someday I will go back, but it will be a while before I own a new truck again. I don't care anymore because it just doesn't matter to me like it used to. I am burned out by the whole experience, so all I care about it getting a reasonable truck for a cheap price. In a couple of years I may get another truck... or just pay this one off and stop bothering with trying to get away from repairs. Who knows, but now I know that nothing is set in stone.

LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.streetandcomp.com

Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:36 am
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

no speedo problem here in 41k miles on my 05 1500 crew cab.
steering shaft i had replaced twice, last time seemed to fix the problem. I did have the complete steering box upgraded at the time of the last steering shaft change. recently i had the window regulater replaced and a new drive shaft installed due to a clunking in the rear end. Other than those things which are all covered under warranty i've been very happy with the truck.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:46 am
Profile WWW