It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:19 am

grimmy starts the mod process 
Front Runner
Front Runner

I'm surprised I can't hear you over here in Delmar :D

lol im in delmar all the time..well feurabush actually, and glenmont car wash , im surprised the bethelhem pd dont pull me over..ive been lucky thus far

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:38 am
Profile YIM WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

all these mods and this is all the power i got..
up from 260 peek hp and 305 peek tq acording to the ford documentation ive found on my car

with all the mods this is what ive produced so far..

i can feel more in there, i just have to tweek it a little.

**waits for the new quote of the week award** :lol:

Attachments:
mustanghptq.jpg
mustanghptq.jpg [ 28.98 KiB | Viewed 4235 times ]

Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:08 am
Profile YIM WWW
Left hand of the devil
Left hand of the devil

Dayummm. That's it? My friggin Subaru 4cyl puts out almost that much... :lol: Though you gots me on torque...

The problem with America is stupidity. I''m not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don''t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

Dayummm. That's it? My friggin Subaru 4cyl puts out almost that much... :lol: Though you gots me on torque...

yeah pretty sad actually, i deffinatly have more power there somewhere at this point though im no overly impressed with the power its putting out but then again this is estimated thru the built in dyno on the live wire unit i have so a big thing is wheel spin if you spin the wheels to much on take off and between gears your values will be skewd in the lower range.. and if you take off to gentle and dont burry it much your numbers get way low like in the 100hp range..ultimately it would need to be on a real dyno to see what power its putting out, i think the next step is to tweek the tune a little bit more maybe add some fuel to it and see if that helps at all, if not then it'll be heads/cams/injectors/intake manifold and valve springs.

Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Left hand of the devil
Left hand of the devil

And all that will be cheaper than what I would need to get the same numbers out of mine. Just the programmer for mine is 700 beans. Exhaust is 2k, turbo is 1800, etc etc etc. I think I'll just leave it alone, get a bike, and go really fast...

The problem with America is stupidity. I''m not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don''t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

And all that will be cheaper than what I would need to get the same numbers out of mine. Just the programmer for mine is 700 beans. Exhaust is 2k, turbo is 1500, etc etc etc. I think I'll just leave it alone, get a bike, and go really fast...

the sct live wire i got is over 600 depending on where you order it from and there are less expensive units out there for the mustangs then the sct live wire and they all have their pros and cons... and if i really wanted to have total control without a dyno the anderson pms unit is now being made for the 4.6 motors and that is 1200 just for the programer. over all i think its expensive in general to mod cars and in all honesty i see getting a set of cams and valvesprings and maybe heads but to push it any further is just stupid when i priced it out the cams are 500 each so the cams will cost 1000 then the heads are 500 each so thats another 1000 the valve spring upgrade is another 500 beans then the labor.. dont even get my started on the labor.. the headers are a cunt to get on and off.. its not that they dont fit or anything its that you have to lift the fucking engine to do it.. thats man hours right there so in all im looking at probly 5 grand after labor to do it all. fuck i should just buy a bike..lol can you get a bike license even if your drivers license is suspended? , my exhaust was about 2grand after install, a supercharger kit is anywhere between 4 and 6 grand pending what i go with.. a turbo set up would be twin turbo and that would probly run me around the same..thats just the stuff in the box.. thats not labor or anything.. but generaly speaking i think the import aftermarket parts market knows if they dont keep their aftermarket prices somwhat compeditive people who want to mod will buy domestic cars and mod them instead.. i think the prices are pretty much the same in general but of course to mod a vette your going to pay more then for a mustang or a civic.

Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

anyone got a garage? and know how to install a set of cams on the 4.6 liter v8 in the mustangs? i dont want to have to pay thru the nose to install a set of cams and valves but would pay for beer, tools and your time, i need to use my tax return for three things a cam and valve purchase and install, a tune up on my wifes car and a front end rebuild on my car so anyone who can help install the cams for a fair price give me a shout

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW