It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:37 am

Noob on here. 
Rookie
Rookie

Post Noob on here.
I'm the new guy.
Working on putting a 5.0 HO motor in a 97 F-150 with a 5 speed. Got the motor in her and the mechanicals are done. Easier than I thought actually. All I really have left is the wiring on the new wiring harness and she'll be alive. So far as I know from some truck sites, nobody has done this to this model truck yet. I think it'll be different. I'll post up some pics when I get her runnin.

Anyone have any wiring experience with a 88 5.0 HO motor that they put into another vehicle ? If so, anything I should look out for?

Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:59 pm
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Yikes.... you didn't get the stock ECu with the motor? Wiring has never been a strong point for me. Hell, anything that I can't hit with a hammer is not a strong point for me.

LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com
www.streetandcomp.com

Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:15 pm
Rookie
Rookie

I got the stock wiring harness and the ECU. I'm going to start doing the wiring diagram thing this weekend and get her runnin. I think all I need is about 6 to 8 splices into the harness to get power to everything. Biggest thing is the accessories. I can't find the right brackets to run my truck's stock alternator, power steering pump, and air conditioning compressor. I've tried to use some off of a truck with a 302 in it, but everything is off. Either the bolts don't line up or the brackets hit my water pump hoses because of a different style truck intake. For now, I think I'm gonna Swartzenager it with the steering and just use the Mustang alternator and unplumed ac compressor.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:01 pm
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

I feel for you. I put a 69 350 block in a 86 trans am, but I said screw it and wired the whole car to a 4 wire ignition. good luck man. show up lots of pics. lets see her :D

Khyron

Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

UMM I unpluged the mafs and never pluged it back in after i took the snorkle aka silencer off the air filter houseing....so now you all know where i stand with wireing LOL.
drove fine until i went to stomp on the damm thing and it shit the bed literaly choked the car.

Khyron wrote:
I feel for you. I put a 69 350 block in a 86 trans am, but I said screw it and wired the whole car to a 4 wire ignition. good luck man. show up lots of pics. lets see her :D

Khyron

Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rookie
Rookie

Well, got the electric fans in and wired up with an adjustable fan control unit yesturday. Starting looking at the wiring diagrams to splice the Mustang wiring harness into the truck harness. Looks like only 6 or 7 wires to surgically implant into the truck to get it powered. Unfortunately, I've got to run the truck computer as well as the car computer. The truck computer runs some stuff on the body and will just do that from now on. The computer that came with my motor will run just the motor. Hopefully I can get this on the road in the next couple weeks so I can go riding again with Dutch.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:36 pm
Rookie
Rookie

Well, the bitch lives. Fired her up a few minutes ago and she sounds sweet with just the cats hanging out the bottom. :D

Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:42 pm
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

pics?

Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rookie
Rookie

OK, where do you put your pics at for FREE? Had a photoisland account, but they ain't around any more.

All I really have to do to the truck is make a throttle cable mount and little odds and ends. Sounds sweet with the open exhaust. I'm gonna get some exhaust put on her probably this week. Going with 2 1/2" dual pipes into turbo mufflers exiting just before the passenger side rear wheel in the stock location. Should sound good but not too loud.

Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:12 am
Rookie
Rookie

Got me a photobucket account. I'll get some pics later this week. Damn I'm glad it's running. I can now work on my bike more.

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:54 am
Left hand of the devil
Left hand of the devil

Hey demon. Unless Khy has changed things, you can attach pics directly to your post. No need to link from somewhere else. However, it's set up so you can't link from here to another site.

The problem with America is stupidity. I''m not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don''t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rookie
Rookie

Cool. I'll try it when I get the truck cleaned up a bit. It hasn't run for a long time and has a bed full of garage stuff in it and is covered in dust.

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:50 pm
Left hand of the devil
Left hand of the devil

it's still like that rob :D

I figured. Just covering my ass. Been so busy lately, I wasn't sure if you'd made any changes. 8)

The problem with America is stupidity. I''m not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don''t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

just some house cleaning in Sql and the boards, trying to get some room back on the server. and of course, closed some of the board down to only registered people.

Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:01 am
Profile YIM WWW