It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

mustang tweeking 
Front Runner
Front Runner

Post mustang tweeking
if any of you guys own mustangs tweek them know how to do so or have any advice throw me a line here like i said in the other post i dono shit from my ass when it comes to cars im slowly and i do mean SLOWLY learning...i am however noticeing that the newer cars are more computerized then i thought and that might actually help me seeing that im a pc nerd LOL
basicly what im looking at is a super charger but not until the 3 year 36k mile warentee is up...and until then probly the only thing im doing is maybe exhost. headers. air intake...beter tires and wheels

Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:15 am
Profile YIM WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

get pullies, exhaust, headers, that should put you into low 13's if you know how to drive.

2004 Yamaha Raptor 660R

Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:04 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Rookie
Rookie

rear gears will give you more seat of the pants power

Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:59 am
Front Runner
Front Runner

so i know what exhaust and headers im going to get...but what kinda pullys i mean oveously id be gettin smaller ones right? but what brand
and as far as the gears go i dono whats in my stock gt at the moment..probly some oddball nunber but what would be a good rear gear set to throw in there?

91fast5ohh wrote:
get pullies, exhaust, headers, that should put you into low 13's if you know how to drive.

Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Left hand of the devil
Left hand of the devil

Don't go too deep on the gears or you won't be able to shift quickly enough.(five speed right?) You'll also start running into traction problems eventually. Then it's time for a good set of sticky tires. Check out some of the Mousetank boards. They will probably have the gear ratios for your car. Probably 3.23s. 3.73s should work out nice. One thing I see a lot of mustang owners do is a BBK cold air intake. I don't know what the gains are, but I see them on lots of cars.

The problem with America is stupidity. I''m not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don''t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:34 pm
Profile WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

this ir probably a dumb question... but what does changing the pullies do?

Max

God doesnt walk with me he carries me man
-50cent

Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:01 am
Left hand of the devil
Left hand of the devil

If you run underdrive pulleys on the alternator, power steering pump, and water pump it reduces drag on the crank. Effectively it allows more of the engine power to be translated to the wheels instead of driving the accessories. The downside is the the accessory drives aren't running at full speed and may not be as effective as they should.

The problem with America is stupidity. I''m not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don''t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:14 am
Profile WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

thanks for clearing that one up for me dutch.

God doesnt walk with me he carries me man
-50cent

Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:32 am
Rookie
Rookie

modular motors like more gear more than the 5.0.but it all depends on what you want the car to do.if you are gonna coomute with it then you don't want alot of gear but if you want to race it then you will want more gear.think about what you are goona do with the car and go from there.if it was mine and i was gonna use it for street and some strip then i would go with 4.10's that's like having 3.55's in a 5.0 stang.as far as pullies go there worth about 10hp and i would go with March underdrive pullies.also if you change your exhaust headers will be a pain in the ass.and your (MIL) light will problebly come on so you will need that MIL eliminator kits will be needed.this is just my opinion :)

Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:47 am
Front Runner
Front Runner

yeah the mil kit comes with the x package i think...if they dont i think i can get them for like 60 bucks a peice...
its funny see i wanna be able to stomp with this thing but i also am not a cocky punk like my buddie mike says most stang owners are young punk kids and he says thats why alot of people wanna fuck with me on the road...personaly i dont care about raceing i mean the car will go up to 151 then the fuel shuts off...but personaly i cant see myself takeing the car that fast again...the only reason i would do that is if i was raceing a zo6 and we would have to already be moveing and 2 id only be doing 150 to TRY and catch up LOL...
but i dono i guess im not in the im gonna stomp you phase of it...i got a bad driveing record this is my toy ill add to it..make it sound nice and if i get extra hp and torq out of it along the way so be it...when im done if it happens to be a 10 second car....ok thats cool but if its still a 14 second car ill not be disapointed.
although there is a white TA running around latham with a nos sticker on the ass end...i dono if its really got nos or if its just a discuragment sticker so people dont fuck with him LOL
but any way as far as pullies go...if i dont NEED them i probly wont get them...right now i gotta get somthing for winter first then i can start playing and tinkering LOL but i thought about an upgrade chip...but like i said i think ill start with the shifter then the exhaust

richs929 wrote:
modular motors like more gear more than the 5.0.but it all depends on what you want the car to do.if you are gonna coomute with it then you don't want alot of gear but if you want to race it then you will want more gear.think about what you are goona do with the car and go from there.if it was mine and i was gonna use it for street and some strip then i would go with 4.10's that's like having 3.55's in a 5.0 stang.as far as pullies go there worth about 10hp and i would go with March underdrive pullies.also if you change your exhaust headers will be a pain in the ass.and your (MIL) light will problebly come on so you will need that MIL eliminator kits will be needed.this is just my opinion :)

Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:47 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

the whole object it to put the car where YOU want it to be, thats the bottem line, you rbuilding the car for you, no one else.

The firebird i have is going to haul balls, however, i didn't do all the things i could do. because....thats right, i'm setting it up for me.

Underdrive kits, and such are in the firebirds future. but not right now ;-)

Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:04 am
Profile YIM WWW
Rookie
Rookie

With gears the higher you go the lower top speed and the lower you go the higer topspeed, but
the higher you go the faster acceleration and the lower you go the slower acceleration.

I suggust somewhere around 3.73.

AND TIP: Don't mod a stang, save up for something worth modding :D

Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:42 am
Rookie
Rookie

food for thought don't chip it until you install all your other mods,then have them burn the chip custom for the mods that you have

Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:53 am
Rookie
Rookie

With gears the higher you go the lower top speed and the lower you go the higer topspeed, but
the higher you go the faster acceleration and the lower you go the slower acceleration.

good one....like a slowmaro...or firechicken i bet :o

Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:55 am
Front Runner
Front Runner

its already a top end car anyway thats where all the power is i mean it goes good from a dead stop but this guy i work with who has 04 mach1 says basicly these mustangs are top end...so im figureing ill keep it that way with the exception of the pipes...the intake, shifter and possably gears and chip..i think im actually going to leave the super charger out and just do what khy says mod it for me ...and for me that 1/4 mile dont mean shit to me, i want somthing well arounded and thats what i have...but im gonna make it be able to go over 151...and i gotta find a way around that fuel shutoff LOL thats going to be a real pain in my balls..and as far as saveing up and buying somthing worth modding....eh..they dont make the car i want no more theres only two i want...a gto judge or a new trans am...seeing that a mint judge goes for like 50 grand...and gm had to be stupid and pull the plug on the pony cars...so i went with my only american muscle car option the mustang....

Carz94Camaro wrote:

Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:13 am
Profile YIM WWW