chall2.jpg
chall2.jpg [ 48.79 KiB | Viewed 9257 times ]
chall4.jpg
chall4.jpg [ 46.3 KiB | Viewed 9257 times ]
Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

well never aford the rt8 model.....someday though i will own a steeda q650 sigh... when my kid is on its own and married maybe LMAO :cry:

Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

i like the orange.... btw rumor has it dodge signed a deal to release 3 of these cars for the part of AUTOBOT prowl In the transformers sequil...cant fuckin wait. :!:

Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:38 pm
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

awwww yeaaaa. gots to get me one of them... 8)

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:10 am
Administrator
Administrator

At least they did right by the name this time (not another "Charger").

Interior looks nice. Reminds me of my '74 E-body.

-Trevor

Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:35 am
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

So far you can only get it in an auto. Supposedly they are coming out with a vert and a 500+HP R/T. I have been thinking about this car since the prototype. The only problem I have is the cost. Not that it's overpriced much, just that it's a lot of money all together. At least it has a multilink rear suspension. Ford screwed up when the put the solid rear in tha back of the Mustang. All of the car enthusiasts sites/mags and TV shows agree on that. Most say that if you are going to spend GT500 money, you might just as well pick up and Eleanor and have a classic with more character.

I am rather impressed with this car... mostly because of the interior. Let's be honest. Dodge has been sub-par in the interior department for many years. I like my Megacab, but I will be the first to tell you that its biggest shortcoming is the interior. It's solid, but it also feels cheap. If I would have had to pay more for the truck to get it to a Chevy type interior, I would have easily accepted it.

Anyway, nice car, and I'm sure that these first models will be on ebay going for big dollar... But if I were to buy one, I would probably wait for 2010 when they come out with the bigger motor, 6spd manual, possibly a vert and other cool options. Plus, my racing would be over with for sure if I went down this path... and every other hobbie I have.... including eating. :-o

Has anyone seen the new Hybrid Yukon/Caddy/Tahoe? 22 city... same as a camry? :shock:

LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com
www.streetandcomp.com

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:05 am
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Every dodge dealer is getting one, and only one.... my gf's dealership is supposedly going to keep theirs and display it. They had people coming to put deposits like 5 minutes after they were stated to be released. I'm hoping i get to drive the thing.... they had an SRT 8 jeep there that i wanted to test drive but i never got the chance.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

So far you can only get it in an auto. Supposedly they are coming out with a vert and a 500+HP R/T. I have been thinking about this car since the prototype. The only problem I have is the cost. Not that it's overpriced much, just that it's a lot of money all together. At least it has a multilink rear suspension. Ford screwed up when the put the solid rear in tha back of the Mustang. All of the car enthusiasts sites/mags and TV shows agree on that. Most say that if you are going to spend GT500 money, you might just as well pick up and Eleanor and have a classic with more character.

I am rather impressed with this car... mostly because of the interior. Let's be honest. Dodge has been sub-par in the interior department for many years. I like my Megacab, but I will be the first to tell you that its biggest shortcoming is the interior. It's solid, but it also feels cheap. If I would have had to pay more for the truck to get it to a Chevy type interior, I would have easily accepted it.

Anyway, nice car, and I'm sure that these first models will be on ebay going for big dollar... But if I were to buy one, I would probably wait for 2010 when they come out with the bigger motor, 6spd manual, possibly a vert and other cool options. Plus, my racing would be over with for sure if I went down this path... and every other hobbie I have.... including eating. :-o

Has anyone seen the new Hybrid Yukon/Caddy/Tahoe? 22 city... same as a camry? :shock:

the live rear axle is only a disadvantage and a mistake if you dont want to break out the ass end on a whim and dont want to go down the quater mile like a scalded ape, ford tryed the indipendent rear with the 03 and 04 cobras, what they found was people wanted the live rear axle over the indipendant rear so they went back to it, all said and done ford does not care what mags and tv shows say, they care about customers and what they want, we wanted our live rear axle because thats what makes the mustang a fun car to drive, we rather drive thru a turn then corner it like were on rails so they gave it back to us., as far as the shelby goes its so over priced its not even funny. dealers are literaly rapeing the customers, and for the record a steeda q650 can be purchased for 40 thousand over what you pay for a base model gt mustang and would smoke anything shelby throws at it..
as far as dodge goes.. they need to make that car with a stick without a doubt they will sell more of them if they offer a manual option.
yes that hybrid is pretty sick, looks like the auto industry is finaly takeing the hint

Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
Left hand of the devil
Left hand of the devil

What's funny about that is when you've driven a high performace car with 4 wheel independent suspension you don't really want to go back to a live axle. I know that I never will. :?

The problem with America is stupidity. I''m not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don''t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Administrator
Administrator

Aw c'mon now! Don't tell me you don't miss all the oversteer! I know I do. Sure you can't corner as fast under some conditions but it is a hoot when the back end starts to come around on ya. I miss that stuff every day. And e-brake turns in the wet and the snow just ain't the same. :wink:

-Trevor

Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:17 pm
Left hand of the devil
Left hand of the devil

Nope. Don't miss it at all. Mainly because its still there if you really want to hang it out. You just need to push a little harder. What was a little disconcerting to me when I first got it is the Subaru likes to drift instead of oversteer. Independent suspension and AWD makes things a little more interesting. Add a touch of throttle and the front end brings it right back in line.

The problem with America is stupidity. I''m not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don''t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Administrator
Administrator

What was a little disconcerting to me when I first got it is the Subaru likes to drift instead of oversteer. Independent suspension and AWD makes things a little more interesting.

-Trevor

Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:24 pm
Left hand of the devil
Left hand of the devil

But the Legacy does it just fine...

Attachments:
legacydrift.JPG
legacydrift.JPG [ 19.15 KiB | Viewed 9176 times ]

Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

my god, it's like being on albanyunderground, no import talk in the chally thread :nana: :lol:

but yes, the first year will be limited run, the 09's will have a 6 cyl, 5.7, and srt-8 model, the 5.7 and srt-8 will be available with a 6 speed stick. I would almost.... almost consider selling the Charger for one of these bad bodys.

and the price will come down next year as well. I would buy a 5.7 ver so I can mod the fuck out of it and not think twice.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:11 am
Profile YIM WWW