It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 am

I need help..... 
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

Post I need help.....
Well. To make a long story short so I don't bore anyone I'll make it quick. Ever since I got my Charger. My mother has really been into the project. She's got to the local hangout and talked to allot of the car guys and just really got into the whole sprite of the car mentality.

Despite the reputation of Muscle car guys, everyone has shown her a lot of respect and she's really enjoyed herself. Well. Mom is going to retire at the end of this month, and we sat down and talked, she got a good chunk of change and wants an old car. Nothing fast or crazy, just something fun, she figures lifes too short so she wants to enjoy her retirement in the auto world. Me... being the supportive son, and eager to have another car in the stable offered to help.

So here is my moms new toy, We just went out and payed for it today. SHe'll be home next to the Charger next week.

A 1966 Dodge Dart 270 :D

The car needs a little work, odds and ends, but she looks good. Rock Solid body, and a lot of fun. She's also got a few surprises.

Attachments:
momdart012 (Medium).jpg
momdart012 (Medium).jpg [ 73.52 KiB | Viewed 8733 times ]
momdart007 (Medium).jpg
momdart007 (Medium).jpg [ 78.05 KiB | Viewed 8737 times ]
momdart010 (Medium).jpg
momdart010 (Medium).jpg [ 55.76 KiB | Viewed 8733 times ]
Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

The paint isn't too horrible, could use a new coat soon, also around the rear wheel wells she's gonna need some work. Should be a lot less work then the Charger was. The interior also needs some cleaning up. The front seats aren't original. there are a lot of things painted that shouldn't be. Also will need a new headliner. But all in all. I think it's all easy stuff.

The body is straight, has some filler where it doesn't belong, but the metal is solid for the year.

Attachments:
momdart013 (Medium).jpg
momdart013 (Medium).jpg [ 59.43 KiB | Viewed 8732 times ]
momdart009 (Medium).jpg
momdart009 (Medium).jpg [ 43.67 KiB | Viewed 8732 times ]
momdart005 (Medium).jpg
momdart005 (Medium).jpg [ 71.47 KiB | Viewed 8735 times ]
Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

A few things to note. She's a 270 Slant 6 Motor. With a twist. For the mopar guys with a keen eye, you'll notice a few very cool things.

1. Yes, thats an Offenhauser Aluminum 4 Barrel Intake. Complete with a 650cfm Carb

2. Yes, those are headers on the old Bent 6 motor

3. It has it's original Cert Card still in the holder :D

I will get a picture of the fender tag with it's information as well.
There is one bad things about the car. The motor has a bad Rod. so when she's pulling into my garage. the motor will be yanked out inspected. I'll repair what I need, and put her back together. This isn't a street fighter. This will stay a daily driver.

87,000 Original miles on the motor. I think I did very well with the car.

Attachments:
momdart014 (Medium).jpg
momdart014 (Medium).jpg [ 93.26 KiB | Viewed 8730 times ]
momdart015 (Medium).jpg
momdart015 (Medium).jpg [ 90.9 KiB | Viewed 8730 times ]
Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
I touch myself
I touch myself

Location: Ballston Lake, NY...formerly Crashville, TN, now back in Nashville again...
I had a 71 Dodge Dart when I was a kid. It was promised to me when I was 16, but my mom sold it for $60 during the divorce. :cry:

BTW, your mom sounds really cool. :-D

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
He is on a roll this year!!
Quote:
(Grimwolf3176)
fuck it im gonna buy a horse. ill ride that to the unemployment office LMAO :lol:

Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:13 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Administrator
Administrator

Keep that car as close to the way it is now as possible. I don't mean don't fix things, I mean keep the wheels and the offy intake etc. Add in some lap belts and a rollbar though.

That thing looks straight out of the old MoPar mags I used to read when I was in high school! 8)

-JagerMeister MeisterJager

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:12 am
The Traveling Gnome
The Traveling Gnome

Cool, and for the year, looks in decent shape :mrgreen: .
Since i've had the time, lately, i've been looking around online for a 70-74 E body (my all time fave :-D ) just for shits-n-giggles, and realized that the price of admission is waaaaay stupid for my pocketbook...
Have fun wit the dart :grin: .
Cheers, Lee S.

99 Triumph Daytona
88 GSXR 50-Pitbike
"Short, one-armed and pissed!..... It's a Lifestyle"

Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:36 am
Administrator
Administrator

the price of admission is waaaaay stupid for my pocketbook...

You ain't kiddin!! :-o

I did the same thing a while ago. A few months ago I got all nostalgic for my old '74 Barracuda and perused the want-ads to see what it would cost to get back into one. OUCH!!!

I bought my cuda in '89 for a thousand bucks. It got rear-ended that winter and had the upper and lower valance panels caved in. I sold it that spring for a thousand bucks. In retrospect the fact that that pre-crash and post-crash values were the same should have been a clue to me to hold onto that car.

I sold it basically 'cause I needed more room in the driveway. :cry:

Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:45 am
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Post Re: I need help.....
Khyron wrote:
Well. To make a long story short so I don't bore anyone I'll make it quick. Ever since I got my Charger. My mother has really been into the project. She's got to the local hangout and talked to allot of the car guys and just really got into the whole sprite of the car mentality.

Despite the reputation of Muscle car guys, everyone has shown her a lot of respect and she's really enjoyed herself. Well. Mom is going to retire at the end of this month, and we sat down and talked, she got a good chunk of change and wants an old car. Nothing fast or crazy, just something fun, she figures lifes too short so she wants to enjoy her retirement in the auto world. Me... being the supportive son, and eager to have another car in the stable offered to help.

So here is my moms new toy, We just went out and payed for it today. SHe'll be home next to the Charger next week.

A 1966 Dodge Dart 270 :D

The car needs a little work, odds and ends, but she looks good. Rock Solid body, and a lot of fun. She's also got a few surprises.

where did you pick this thing up? there was a dart in the paper up here about a week ago, i kept wanting to send you the add but kept forgetting.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
The Traveling Gnome
The Traveling Gnome

No doubt. Bought my 73 challenger in VT. for $2500. 2 yrs later the frame rotted through over the left rear wheel. Sold it for, you guessed it...$2500. Interior was mint, a little dough but not much, just the well known frame issues. Now you're hard pressed to buy a completely rotted, stripped shell for under 5 grand.... :-o .
Evidently, the guy who bought it put in a 440 wedge and tubbed it. Wonder where that thing is now..........
Cheers, Lee S
metal_on_metal wrote:

You ain't kiddin!! :-o

I did the same thing a while ago. A few months ago I got all nostalgic for my old '74 Barracuda and perused the want-ads to see what it would cost to get back into one. OUCH!!!

I bought my cuda in '89 for a thousand bucks. It got rear-ended that winter and had the upper and lower valance panels caved in. I sold it that spring for a thousand bucks. In retrospect the fact that that pre-crash and post-crash values were the same should have been a clue to me to hold onto that car.

I sold it basically 'cause I needed more room in the driveway. :cry:

99 Triumph Daytona
88 GSXR 50-Pitbike
"Short, one-armed and pissed!..... It's a Lifestyle"

Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:45 pm
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Pretty cool find and also pretty cool your mom wants to get in to the car scene !!!! :grin:

I thought she looked right at home when I saw her!!

Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:34 pm
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Nice car. surprised to hear it has a broke rod!?!? I thought they were bullit proof. slant sixes would run forever even without oil. I look forward to seeing it at Guptils later next year.
Let me know if you need any parts. Never know what I have laying around.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:52 pm
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

Nice car. surprised to hear it has a broke rod!?!? I thought they were bullit proof. slant sixes would run forever even without oil. I look forward to seeing it at Guptils later next year.
Let me know if you need any parts. Never know what I have laying around.

To be compleately honest I don't think it's a bent rob. Just a bearing or something. I'll know better when the car is here and the motor is ripped out ;)

Slinky, the car is in the WantAdDigest, or at least was ;)

E-Bodys are crazy right now. Big bucks for a rotted one. I'm lucky I got the Charger when I did or I wouldn't have been able to afford one now. All these Mopars are extreamly expensive. But the deals are still out there, you just have to hunt ;)

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

BTW, your mom sounds really cool. :-D

She's unique. Likes to hang out and has really gotten into the car thing since I got the Charger. It's a bug. One ride in the Charger and people get hooked.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rookie
Rookie

The last car my Grandmother had was a 67 Dart GT.
A few times a year I had to blow the carbon out of it for her. :-D
That'll be a nice car.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:56 am
I touch myself
I touch myself

Location: Ballston Lake, NY...formerly Crashville, TN, now back in Nashville again...
Hey Khyron, you gonna bring her to DD this year? :-D

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
He is on a roll this year!!
Quote:
(Grimwolf3176)
fuck it im gonna buy a horse. ill ride that to the unemployment office LMAO :lol:

Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:23 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW