It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:03 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New Toy. Maybe... 
Lug Nut
Lug Nut

Post Re: New Toy. Maybe...
Dutch wrote:
13.3 isn't impressive stock? Damn, you driving nothing but 'vettes and vipers? Put down the crack pipe. Yeah, it's relatively heavy, but it's still 400hp and 390tq. And I wasn't looking at it solely for performance. I like the look. I like the fact that it blends in. I like the interior. That sure as hell wasn't built here. The quality is too good. And it's an LS2. Which for the money is one of the best damn V8s ever made. And it responds very well to minor mods.

I will get one. Maybe not right now, but I will.

2004 mach 1 runs the same number with 305 hp and it's only 300 pounds lighter.. the block is also a 4.6 or 280 cubic inches not a 5.7 or 347.7 cubic inches.

im not ripping on the gto but its not impressive to me when a car thats older with a smaller motor is putting down the same numbers with less. like i said im not saying its a bad car the ls2 alone is worth its weight in gold because of the scaleability of the motor for modification.. however the 4.6 is just as scaleable.. so to me the numbers just don't impress me.

the gto should have better numbers than it does with a noobie behind the wheel at that for the power it has.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

When gas is 6 dollars over the summer, you will be happy with the subaru. People need to wake up and realize you dont need 300hp to get to work in the morning.

God doesnt walk with me he carries me man
-50cent

Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:47 am
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

we won't see gas prices that high for years. it's not always about needs. people work hard and want what they want. If you worked to earn it, you can afford it, you want it ... .buy it.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:02 pm
Profile YIM
Left hand of the devil
Left hand of the devil

And even if it does get that high, the GTO actually gets better mileage than the Subaru. At least on the highway. 25 vs 20 mpg. Go figure.

The problem with America is stupidity. I''m not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don''t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

Kamikaze wrote:
we won't see gas prices that high for years. it's not always about needs. people work hard and want what they want. If you worked to earn it, you can afford it, you want it ... .buy it.

Hey dont get me wrong, I love muscle cars and would enjoy one as well. Heres the thing, majority of our oil is imported correct? Most of that oil comes from opec, which is made up of some pretty shady countries. I dont like the idea of giving them anymore money then I have too. When we keep handing them money over, its not going back into our economy, its going into theirs, making them stronger and more powerful. There will be a point when fuel sets the bar for who is the worlds superpower, not who has the most technology or money. When gas does, not if, go back up I will feel no sympathy for the gluttons who still do not learn from the past. I will not feel bad for the guy who has never towed a trailer in his life, yet needed a f350, or the guy who had to have that camaro, charger, gto etc when they cry broke because of high fuel prices. You guys are also a big reason why the big three are hurting, they keep making big v8's and trucks because you idiots keep buying them. When this last fuel spike hit how many new chargers, mustangs or tahoes do you think they sold? I bet you didnt see too much of a drop in sales at honda, vw or toyota dealerships did you?

-50cent

Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:20 pm
Blasphemy!
Blasphemy!

The reason the big 3 are hurting is because they drove themselves in the ground. They were greedy, money hungry and made bad decision after bad decision ....the have no integrity when it comes to business and don't build a quality car.

To call someone an idiot because they are brand loyal and support an American company doesn't seem right coming from a "Marine".

Who the hell is your commander an Indian or Chinese ...they outsource that job too ? I guess a Marine just needs a strong back and not a strong mind.
:nono:

Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

UNHOLY wrote:
The reason the big 3 are hurting is because they drove themselves in the ground. They were greedy, money hungry and made bad decision after bad decision ....the have no integrity when it comes to business and don't build a quality car.

To call someone an idiot because they are brand loyal and support an American company doesn't seem right coming from a "Marine".

Who the hell is your commander an Indian or Chinese ...they outsource that job too ? I guess a Marine just needs a strong back and not a strong mind.
:nono:

Im not trashing someone for buying an American made car, Im getting to the point that v8s and gas guzzlers are not a necessity. Do you want me to highlight the facts here unholy, or do you just want me to use bullets in my next post? As far as being an American goes you can fuck yourself. I support small local buisnesses, I don't shop at walmart etc and I go out of my why to buy American made goods. What have you done latley? Im pretty sure you didnt miss any holidays or funerals or lost friends because you were in a shitty 3rd world country. Then again, im just a dumb "Marine" whos been fighting for your freedom asshole.

-50cent

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:18 am
Blasphemy!
Blasphemy!

Lets gets something straight - you are not fighting for my freedom - our country is not under invasion - you are fighting for oil and big business.
Iraq is a joke.
Afghanistan aint much better - carpet bomb the whole place and go home.
Obviously they ain't gonna wipe out the Taliban when they are all over the place in several countries.
We are wasting money over there.

Nope - did not miss any holidays or go to any funerals - then again - i didn't sign up for it ...you did. I'm not a young punk ass kid with an attitude and ego....who thinks people should kiss his ass because he's in the armed forces.

Get your head out of ass and wake-up - you aint fighting for jack shit ....and you certainly ain't fighting for my freedom. You're starting to write checks your little ass can't cash.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:05 am
Profile WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

Hhahaha ok dude. We're at alot more places then just Iraq and Afghanistan, Im sure you knew that though. And yes Im not out figthing an enemy on a day to day basis whos trying to invade. But everyday that I go to work helps deter countries from thinking about it. See how much freedom we have if you did away with the military. Im not complaining about the sacrifice I've made and I never have, that was to show what I've done for my country. You still havent answered my question, what have you done derek? Im writing checks my ass cant cash? Thats cute buddy.

-50cent

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:33 am
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

You've got an awfully big chip on your shoulder to be preaching about what people should or shouldn't buy and then say you're fighting for our freedom .. heh.

I agree with Unholy on this one.

Quote:
People need to wake up and realize you dont need 300hp to get to work in the morning.

And why is it that every fucking benign topic you post in turns into a fucking argument Max? Climb down off the fucking cross and stop thinking that your ideals should be everyones. If you don't have anything nice to say you could just stfu or go flame people on another forum.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:23 pm
Profile YIM
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

Funny. Unholy comments about the big 3 and loved his jeep.... hmm, he buys one import and now all of a sudden is righteous about imports being better?

I luv ya Kamikazi, You truck is what Unholy is complaining about. ;) Personally, I love your truck. and I know you just like to bust Maxes balls ;)

And I will say this. I'll back Max on this much, people that complain about "fighting for big oil" but never served a day in their fucking lives, nor thought about doing anything for their country hold no weight to me, it's a hollow complaint because they never did anything for anyone.

You can hate your government all you want, but get off the soap box about this country. :roll:

Unholy, shove the righteous conservative talking points right up your ass. I know you love to “stir it up” but you are dead wrong on this one… comment all you want, but your right, you never signed, does that make people that did better then you? NO, it just gives their opinions more weight then yours in many eyes.

Now come up with your witty retort, :roll: I’m sure we’ll all get a chuckle. And Signing up or serving your country has nothing to do with Ego or attitude, it has to do with being something that’s bigger then ourselves.

For 3 years I used to look forward to hanging out and talking with you, I like to feel I was there for some rough times too, but man, sometimes I just dont know if you spew this stuff to be a troublemaker or if you actrually believe this stuff you say.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

BTW: this is suppost to be about Dutch's GTO, he didnt get it, let the thread die.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Lug Nut
Lug Nut

:drunk:

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

you're a fag. i'm going to kick you in the balls for trying to diffuse the hate growing in this thread :xnuts:

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Profile YIM
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

Kamikaze wrote:
you're a fag. i'm going to kick you in the balls for trying to diffuse the hate growing in this thread :xnuts:

:lol: :nana:

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next