It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 am

Da new zo6 
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

for my Stats on the Z06, I'm going on Chevys web site and your artical. The HP rateing was 500. whatever the displacement is ;)

Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:33 am
Profile YIM WWW
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

for my Stats on the Z06, I'm going on Chevys web site and your artical. The HP rateing was 500. whatever the displacement is ;)

What was nice about the Vette was that it was always an affordable exotic sports car. Great bang for the buck. The Viper was always just out of reach of the normal everyday guy as far as cost is concerned. For quite a few years in the Viper's existance, the Vette was right there in performance and cost a lot less. So you can see why more Vettes are around vs. Vipers. The Viper then upped the anty to the 500hp mark a couple years back because until then there was no reason to pay the $70k + (now $80K) for one of those when you could get a Vette for a lot less.

The rumor is that the Z06 will be in the $75K area, which to me is BS. Yes there are some changes to the Z06 model, but not 15K worth. That is just Chevrolet making the right business move, which is charging what the market will bear. They can make a Vette that is a Viper killer for very little changes and then charge just a little bit less than a Viper and make a killing. It makes business sense, but I don't have to like it. I guess in their defense (although I don't need to defend them), they did bring up the "standard" Vette to a 400hp machine that is nothing to joke about and even lowered the price. So it is still a great bang for the buck vehicle. And I love it.

I like the Viper too. Before I got into cycle racing I was making plans to try and pick up a 2001 Vipe used in a couple of years. 2001 because it was the only year they came out with the midnight blue color on the car.... and also because used is the only way I would ever be able to afford it. But when you look at it, the cost to buy a used Viper of that age would be $50K and up. At that point, I think I would rather just go buy a Vette. A nice used Vette would save you even more because you don't have to pay the gas guzzler tax and still get a couple grand off the price. In a couple of years you could probably pick up a cream puff C6 for less than 40K. Now that is a what I'm talking about.

LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com
www.streetandcomp.com

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:53 am
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

all very good points. I would say though, That the Viper is a very Image orientated vehicle. While the numbers it push's out are impressive. I agree thats no justification for the high dollar ammount.

When they where hand built and there where a handful available each year, Yes. I can see that price tag.

But now. I think, MaMopar is just charging that price because they can.

the V10 isn't a special Motor anymore...it's available in just about anything now.

The body is starting to be... well.... very standard. don't scream like it did when it first came out. As much as I love the car. I can see it's time is starting to pass...

MaMopar needs to get her shit together real soon.... I fear the days of a Mopar Machine are going fast.

Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

Caroll was tlaking about the 10 cylinder. He was like, "they just took the 318 and added two cylinders at the foundry"

God doesnt walk with me he carries me man
-50cent

Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:25 pm
Front Runner
Front Runner

yeah 7.1 liters the 6 liter is 400 hp the 7.1 is 500
and on chevys web site you cant even buy a zo6 yet i already tryed LOL

Khyron wrote:

Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

Caroll was tlaking about the 10 cylinder. He was like, "they just took the 318 and added two cylinders at the foundry"

I'll wait for Unholys smart ass comment. But yes. I read that when the Viper first came out :D

Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

speakin of dodge...dude the new charger looks like they took the chrysler 300c and just smoothed over the body and front end and slaped adiffrent name on it...they should be ashamed of themselves...i wanted somthing that looks mean...god dammit...why are they building cars like their selling them to bitches...LOL wtf LOL
Khyron wrote:
maxmincher wrote:

I'll wait for Unholys smart ass comment. But yes. I read that when the Viper first came out :D

Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:41 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

Thats a Magnum sedan.... don't call it a charger in my presents :(

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:10 am
Profile YIM WWW
Blasphemy!
Blasphemy!

presence - you retarded fucker !!!

presents is what i put on a tissue and give to you for xmas

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

umm well a magnum is a mr mom station waggon...lol hey im with you jay dodge needs to put more thought into their fuckin cars...cuse i really liked the charger concept...this thing their calling the charger now man its lacking big time in the thought process of the design...looks like they just smoothed over the lines on a 300c and slaped a new name on it

Khyron wrote:

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:29 am
Profile YIM WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

nice tag on yer name unholio...viper was made via concept art...lol
and its christmas not xmas...god dammit you lefties

UNHOLY wrote:
Khyron wrote:

presence - you retarded fucker !!!

presents is what i put on a tissue and give to you for xmas

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:30 am
Profile YIM WWW
Blasphemy!
Blasphemy!

and its christmas not xmas...

I do not like to use the word "Christ" .... it makes my soul burn !!!

:twisted:

Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Welp. I wasn't going to get involved, because... well. being a Dodge fan I am a bit bias. But i'll go ahead anyways.

If we where talking the first Gen Viper. Yes. the Z06 would hand it it's ass. No doubt about it.

HOWEVER, The 05 / 06 Viper is a totally different Viper then it's older sister is. Beter suspention, more power, and yes. more head room, though I don't think Ian could fit the the vette or Viper ;)

I know someone will break out the Ol "you don't drive a fact sheet" picture. but lets look at these two cars together

I can fit in a Vette just fine(at least the old one)... It's not the headroom of a Viper that's the problem... I can't get my foot on the clutch, my knee won't fit between the door and the steering wheel... It is a complete impossibility. I would have to drive around in 1st or reverse all day, or speed shift the thing all the time. I'd be screwed at stops. :)

Last edited by Ian on Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:57 am
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

As already stated, the '06 Z06 is a 427 cu inch 7.0 Liter rated at 500 hp at 6200 rpm. It also benches 475 lb.-ft. at 4800rpms.

Curb weight is 3100 lbs.

I think the days of the Z06 being only slightly different than the regular Vette are behind us. Go read Chevy's site... The car is hand built.

From Cycleforums...

Quote:
CORVETTE ZO6

GM will take the wraps off of the most kick-ass Corvette in history at the Detroit Auto Show next week, and let's get right to the point, shall we? The new Corvette Z06 is the best high-performance sports car value in the world, period. Chevrolet engineers and designers took lessons learned from their ultra-successful C5-R Corvette Racing program and applied them directly to the new ZO6, and the results are spectacular. With 500HP in an approximately 3130-pound (1419.7 kg) package, the ZO6 delivers 0-60 performance of less than 4 seconds, will cover the quarter-mile in the 11's, and deliver a top speed in excess of 190 mph. It is the fastest, most powerful car ever offered by Chevrolet and GM. The new Z06 was developed in conjunction with the all-new Corvette C6-R ALMS racer, and the engineers ended up with a totally unique vehicle that has its own powertrain, body structure and chassis system, which are distinct from other Corvette models.

Most impressive is the new "LS7" 7.0-liter/427-cubic-inch Gen IV V-8 with lightweight reciprocating components that was directly lifted from the all-conquering C5-R. This small-block 427, which will be hand built at GM Powertrain's new Performance Build Center in Wixom, MI, delivers 500 horsepower at 6200 rpm, 475 lb.-ft. of torque at 4800 rpm, has an 11.0:1 compression ratio and a 7000 rpm redline, and features titanium connecting rods and intake valves, and a dry-sump engine lubrication system. The ZO6 also features major modifications from the stock C6, including aluminum body structure with one-piece hydroformed perimeter frame rails and a magnesium front cradle, a fastback fixed roof design to optimize body rigidity and aerodynamics, and carbon-fiber composite front fenders and front wheelhouses. The ZO6 also has a unique front fascia incorporating a larger grille, cold-air scoop and lower air splitter with "Gurney lips" along the sides, larger vertical air vents behind the wheels, wide-body rear fenders with brake scoops and a unique rear spoiler. The package of aero tweaks delivers a Cd of .31.

Helping stop the ZO6 are 14-inch cross-drilled front disc brakes with six-piston calipers and 13.4-inch cross-drilled rear rotors with four-piston calipers (the calipers are painted bright red). The ZO6 also has specific, ten-spoke, 18 x 9.5-inch front wheels with 275/35ZR18 tires and 19 x 12-inch rear wheels with 325/30ZR19 tires, a 3-inch-diameter exhaust with bi-mode mufflers and larger polished stainless steel tips, engine, transmission and differential oil coolers; and steering cooler, and a rear-mounted battery to improve weight distribution. The interior has some unique touches including a revised gauge cluster, smaller diameter steering wheel and lightweight two-tone seats with more aggressive bolsters. All-in-all, a spectacular looking car, and we can't wait to drive it. Look for the ZO6 to arrive in showrooms around Labor Day.

Attachments:
zvette2.jpg
zvette2.jpg [ 97.65 KiB | Viewed 5069 times ]
Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:08 pm
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

And just imagine if GM decided to up the anty... I mean they are over a full liter down and 2 cylinders to the Viper and making the same hp, just lower torque at a slightly higher RPM. I think that is pretty impressive. Add the 200 lbs lower weight, while not much I'd bet the Z06 is right there with the Viper.

As for the special edition Vette.... The base price of the Z06 puts it right in line with the Viper so I think that evens it out. If you bought an '06 standard coupe for 50k you would have over 25k left over in difference from an '06 Viper.

EDIT: Sorry I retract that, the dam Viper is now 85k. :eek: Personally I think the Vette is better at everything, except exclusiveness. I'd get over that, I'd be the one actually driving the dam Vette like it should be driven... Unlike the majority of Vette owners. :roll:

And the standard Vette coupe is 45k.

Shit I could buy an '06 Vette and my father's friend used '02 Audi A6 biturbo for the money of a new Viper... I would have near the performance, with a kickass winter car.

Shit I could almost own my father's 02 Audi S8 with 360hp as a winter car with the price difference.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:13 pm