It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:53 pm

05 GTO....still not impressed 
Rookie
Rookie

I kinda like the looks of the GTO. More understated and less boy-racer like. At least Pontiac is still making a high performance car that the average person can buy. A Viper or Vette is just a little out of my price range, though the new Mustang kicks ass.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:14 pm
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

o.k...you don't like the Retro Camaro, But you like the plain jane GTO?

I have to upload a :scratchballs: smilie. heheheh

Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Left hand of the devil
Left hand of the devil

Honestly, I agree with him. I don't want a car that attracts attention visually. That camaro concept is butt ugly, and way to dramatic. See, that's what I like about the GTO. It's understated, but fast as hell.

The problem with America is stupidity. I''m not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don''t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:12 pm
Profile WWW
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Man....I think that GTO Looks blaaaahhh...It looks like a Grand Prix or Grand Am...thats mid 80s styling...I think that Camaro or Mustang look alot better...at least here some lines to it...not that jelly bean look of the 80s. that all cars adopted.
But this is an argument that can go on forever. because it comes down to personel taste..

http://www.Defaziobrothersracing.com

http://www.Speedbike.com

Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:32 pm
Profile YIM
Left hand of the devil
Left hand of the devil

But this is an argument that can go on forever. because it comes down to personel taste..

Agreed. It's all personal taste. And to be honest, I've never said that I love the styling. What attracts me to it is exactly what most don't seem to like. It blends in. I've owned several cars that stood out in a crowd. I got tired of all of the attention that draws from the police. IMHO, the BMW M5 is the ultimate car. Incredible all around performance in a relatively tame looking package. Unfortunately it's more than a bit out of my price range. The GTO is not. And it's hard to argue with 400 hp from the factory. :evil:

The problem with America is stupidity. I''m not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don''t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

That's why I want that CTS-V... Looks like an average CTS, it just breathes fire. :) That and the new STS is worth a look. But I'm not sold on the Northstar.

Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:35 am
Rookie
Rookie

Any caddy is out of my price range. That GTO is what I like, understated looks and good performance and halfway affordable. A M5 just plain kicks ass, but then again, the price kicks my ass too. Currently we have a 03 Bonneville that is gonna leave us next year and get replaced with a Honda mini-van. :roll: I know, go ahead a jab one off in me for that, but the wife needs more room with the new baby. If I really want to go fast, I just get on the bike and twist. That's another thing, I like the looks of my bike as well, understated without any loud stripes or wild paint. Kinda like an athlete in a black suit.

Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:06 am
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

I understand the understate or "Sleeper" thing.. I had an 83 interceptor that I bought new. (its still in the family) any ways I always wanted headers for it. so years and years past finaly I got a set of Vance & Hines off ebay slap them babies on there and man did it sound nice ....for a while...after a while it was kinda sickening going up the highway the constant drown was irrating not to mention at that speed was just about the renosonse was kicking in and that bike was really starting to blaht...people rolled up there windows when I went by. the last straw was one day I was screwing around on the road through some twisties winding the thing up...and as I came into town I had slowed down but there was a couple guys fishing. they had put down there polls and were standing by the road waiting to see me come by. they most have heard me for miles. it that was the po po Im sure I would have been pulled over.,..
Well that my long winded story on loud pipes. I like my gixxer nice and quiet but plenty of grunt. I often think of getting an after market can or high mount but I just remember what it was like with the interceptor.

http://www.Defaziobrothersracing.com

http://www.Speedbike.com

Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:41 am
Profile YIM
Rookie
Rookie

I have slip-ons on my bike and it is somewhat loud. I gots D&D on her and she really bellars up over 7 grand. I kinda like the loud part with the blackbird and the all black paint, understated with a purpose and an attitude. It goes real good for a "big" bike

Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:06 pm
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Any caddy is out of my price range. That GTO is what I like, understated looks and good performance and halfway affordable. A M5 just plain kicks ass, but then again, the price kicks my ass too. Currently we have a 03 Bonneville that is gonna leave us next year and get replaced with a Honda mini-van. :roll: I know, go ahead a jab one off in me for that, but the wife needs more room with the new baby. If I really want to go fast, I just get on the bike and twist. That's another thing, I like the looks of my bike as well, understated without any loud stripes or wild paint. Kinda like an athlete in a black suit.

There's always the used market. I will more than likely NEVER buy new. It's probably the biggest ripoff going.

You could buy a year or two old Caddy CTS for probably almost half of what it was worth new.

If and when I buy a Caddy CTS-V/GTO/Corvette I will buy used for sure.

Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:56 pm
Rookie
Rookie

Oh yea, I don't buy cars new at all. I let someone else take the hit for driving it off the lot. I'll have to wait a while before I get any more toys. New baby and all is kind of consuming my life right now as well as consuming the fundage.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:21 am
Front Runner
Front Runner

thats how im gonna get my viper...btw theres one down in newburgh for 45k used 97 blue with white stripes...low miles like 30k miles on it or something like that...theres also a place around here that deals with nothing but vettes stangs fbodys and other fast sports and muscle cars...like prestige corvettes or somthing like that...
Ian wrote:
TN demon wrote:

There's always the used market. I will more than likely NEVER buy new. It's probably the biggest ripoff going.

You could buy a year or two old Caddy CTS for probably almost half of what it was worth new.

If and when I buy a Caddy CTS-V/GTO/Corvette I will buy used for sure.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:25 am
Profile YIM WWW
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Prestige Auto in Glenville... About three miles from my house.

But he is going to turn his dealership into more of an old Corvette thing. Or so he says, the days of F-body's and whatnot are almost over.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:52 am
Front Runner
Front Runner

yeah i work with a guy that knows him or so he says he knows him but yeah thats the place
Ian wrote:
Prestige Auto in Glenville... About three miles from my house.

But he is going to turn his dealership into more of an old Corvette thing. Or so he says, the days of F-body's and whatnot are almost over.

Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:47 am
Profile YIM WWW
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Even the convertible is gay.

and a Volkswagon isn't?:xnuts: j/k

Mon May 30, 2005 9:26 am