It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:51 pm

I've had it!!!! 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post I've had it!!!!
Well, I now know where my economic stimulus check is going.... in my freaking truck for fuel!!! I think I have reached my breaking point..... $3.79/gallon to fill up today! $115 to fill it! This is BS!! Welcome to NY.... third highest prices for fuel in America and edging for second place.

I think I am going to look in to getting rid of my truck and buying some used vehicles. Probably going to sell my oversized trailer too. No sense any more. This is just stupid.... especially if the economy is on a down turn. :anger: :mad:

LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com
www.streetandcomp.com

Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:56 pm
Blasphemy!
Blasphemy!

In my opinion, Kamikaze took the high hard one on the truck he bought.
In these times, these big trucks should be almost free.
I think you're gonna see dealerships absolutely unload'em

Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Thats why my new truck has sat in the driveway for the last two days with a tank full of gas ... figure in another month i'll be able to make quite a profit selling the truck with a full tank of gas :lol:

I don't mind the price of gas. My truck is for recreational use. I have no plans of driving it every day or week for that matter. It will sit as much as the car sat this summer when i rode the tard. I just wanted it for when i have to tow, and i want it to plow next year.

I will be buying a prius within the next 6 months though.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:08 pm
Profile YIM
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Naa, you'll never see dealers try to unload them for cheap. The value of trucks hasn't really been touched by the price of gas because of the need for trucks. Gas guzzling SUV's are much less attractive, but people/businesses who need trucks need em. They have no alternatives besides natural gas, E85 (which sucks), or bio diesel. All of which are still probably a year away from being readily available locally.

I do agree the price of gas is bullshit, but hey look at the price of a lot of things these days ... milk is another good example. I'm a 1099 contractor so i don't feel the pain as much as others (I'd rather pay it in gas than taxes to be honest), but i definitely feel for low income families with the way prices are going.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:34 pm
Profile YIM
Administrator
Administrator

Good Lord!! is that $3.79 for regular?!?! :-o or does your truck take premium only?

According to the Interweb regular is going for about $3.10 - $3.15 over in Bennington VT.....dunno how many gallons you'd burn getting over there for a fillup but if your truck runs premium that would be a savings of 64 cents a gallon...or about 20 bucks a tankful.

-Trevor

Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:42 pm
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

the value of the dollar went down again, oil prices broke another record yesterday so look for another jump in price at the pump in the next week.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:43 pm
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

doesn't the bullshit the idiots in charge of this country pull make you want to go kill someone?

Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:58 pm
Profile YIM
Whaaat Evvveeeer!
Whaaat Evvveeeer!

Travis let's produce biodiesel in your basement

http://www.amsoil.com/

Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:06 pm
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

better do it somewhere out of the way .... i think thats illegal in NY except if you're a farmer. god forbit the state doesn't get to tax the fuel you make.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:10 pm
Profile YIM
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I don't know if it's illegal or not, but it's an option. Too bad it would take too much room in a house that I hate to give up space in. This is so frustrating. Pretty bad when I guy like me (who makes a pretty good buck) feels like a victim to the "Rich get richer" scenario.

You really start to notice it most when you start cutting corners (cutting out the fat of driving when you don't need to) and it still hurts your bottom line. I have cut down the number of miles I drive per year by over 4000, but because fuel prices have risen over $1 gallon in the last year, I am still heading farther negative in the fuel cost arena. So I sacrifice my lifestyle and cut corner where I can and I still payout more.

Get yourself ready boys... OPEC decided not to increase production. We are going to take a big hit this summer (like we haven't already).

LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com
www.streetandcomp.com

Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:29 pm
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Administrator
Administrator

I'm buying a slant 6 for the Charger.

Dude April 1st is a long ways off yet. :mrgreen:

-Trevor

Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:36 pm
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:48 pm
Profile YIM
Administrator
Administrator

I don't know if it's illegal or not, but it's an option. Too bad it would take too much room in a house that I hate to give up space in.

Well you don't need much room to brew your own ethanol. But I can tell ya that it takes a loooong time to get your product. Figure about an evening of babysitting the equipment to pull a pint of fuel from a gallon of mash..... :wink:

-Trevor

Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:01 pm
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I hear you dude. I drive a silverado with a 454 in it. And my wife's car is a 318 durango....... we shell out almost 200 bucks a week in fuel. prolly closer to 160 ....but still.......ouch. When i work in Niskayuna it costs me 20 dollars a day to go to and from work..... :mad:

Experts have said however that prices should fall to about 2.50 a gallon during the summer because americans have cut back drastically on their consumption of fuel. We have a huge surplus of gasoline for the first time in like 14 years. Opec mite not drop the prices or help with the worlds supplies when needed , but this time its not opec its the refineries making the gas that are feeling it. :D

They might finally have figured out if you price it too high your warehouses will get overfull quick.

oh yeah and Jay......If you ever put a slant 6 in that car i'll bitch slap ya !!! :lol:

Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:03 pm