It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 I've had it!!!! 
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

who know ... there are experts that say $5 and ones that say $2.50 ... i don't trust any projections on fuel costs anymore.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:34 pm
Profile YIM
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Experts have said however that prices should fall to about 2.50 a gallon during the summer because americans have cut back drastically on their consumption of fuel. We have a huge surplus of gasoline for the first time in like 14 years.

I hope you are right, but I seriosly doubt we will see prices below $3.00 again. You are saying that gas will drop almost 80 cents in the next 6 months, when all I have heard is that gas will be over $4.00 in the spring. If gas is $4.00, then deisel will be $4.50.

Can you show me where the experts say we have a surplus? Not trying to be an ass, just would like to see some information on it.

LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com
www.streetandcomp.com

Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:45 pm
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Quote:
Oil's rally is pulling gas prices higher. At the pump, retail gasoline prices rose 0.9 cent overnight to a national average of $3.161 a gallon, according to AAA and the Oil Price Information Service. Prices are within 7 cents of May's record of $3.227 a gallon. The Energy Department expects prices to peak near $3.40 a gallon this spring; many analysts think prices will rise much higher than that.

From here:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... /802280491

LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com
www.streetandcomp.com

Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:53 pm
Front Runner
Front Runner

Post Re: I've had it!!!!
TRC51 wrote:
Well, I now know where my economic stimulus check is going.... in my freaking truck for fuel!!! I think I have reached my breaking point..... $3.79/gallon to fill up today! $115 to fill it! This is BS!! Welcome to NY.... third highest prices for fuel in America and edging for second place.

I think I am going to look in to getting rid of my truck and buying some used vehicles. Probably going to sell my oversized trailer too. No sense any more. This is just stupid.... especially if the economy is on a down turn. :anger: :mad:

3.49 for the high test shit at cumberland farms off exit 23 of the thruway in albany...
within another year nystate and california are going to be neck and fucking neck for what state sucks the most.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

Dude April 1st is a long ways off yet. :mrgreen:

-Trevor

yea right i was thinking the same thing.. who the hell does he think hes fooling LOL :nuts:

Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

this whole thing sucks.. like i said in another post. we need somone with huge balls to take office and put their foot down. and say to the fuel companys "quit fucking around being greedy and start thinking about nationalism for a change and lower your fucking prices and look too alteritave fuel sorces man made or other.
and then to say to the car manufacturers starting right fucking now this very minute you are to no longer build any more god damn gasoline cars trucks vans busses or anything els that runs on fucking petrolium. i dont care if it runs on dog shit or hydrogen but it better not run on gasoline or anything petrolium based.

id fix these fuckers.. god damn it :mad:

Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

My next car...

Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:21 pm
I touch myself
I touch myself

Location: Ballston Lake, NY...formerly Crashville, TN, now back in Nashville again...

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
He is on a roll this year!!
Quote:
(Grimwolf3176)
fuck it im gonna buy a horse. ill ride that to the unemployment office LMAO :lol:

Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:32 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Left hand of the devil
Left hand of the devil

this whole thing sucks.. like i said in another post. we need somone with huge balls to take office and put their foot down. and say to the fuel companys "quit fucking around being greedy and start thinking about nationalism for a change and lower your fucking prices and look too alteritave fuel sorces man made or other.
and then to say to the car manufacturers starting right fucking now this very minute you are to no longer build any more god damn gasoline cars trucks vans busses or anything els that runs on fucking petrolium. i dont care if it runs on dog shit or hydrogen but it better not run on gasoline or anything petrolium based.

id fix these fuckers.. god damn it :mad:

Yup. That's working really well for Europe. Considering that their gas is much higher than ours.

Here's a way the government could help gas prices. In my opinion this the the only way they should get involved. LOWER THE FUCKING TAXES ON FUEL!!!!!

The problem with America is stupidity. I''m not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don''t we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

Yup. That's working really well for Europe. Considering that their gas is much higher than ours.

Here's a way the government could help gas prices. In my opinion this the the only way they should get involved. LOWER THE FUCKING TAXES ON FUEL!!!!!

they could do that but it wouldnt really help.. it might lower the gas price by a dollar hypotheticly. but.....exon mobil isnt stupid.. if you take a dollar tax off of the fuel their gonna see possable profit and start raiseing the price.. because their gonna see an extra couple of billion a year and sell the same amount of gasoline they did last year but with more profit then the last year..... the problem is the price of light sweet crude oil is going up due to higher demand from india and china, were haveing some issues with venizweala.. i spelled that wrong.. the oil promised from iraq has yet to be seen, opec is not going to raise production output and we are not drilling in alaska wild life preserve that im aware of yet.. then when you factor in its costing more to buy the raw oil and new wells are harder to get at so thats costing more to get to new pools of oil and its time consuming, its costing more to transport it because your paying more for the raw shit and useing your own fuel to transport the raw shit to the refinerys. then you have to refine it, and even if you refine it at the point of drilling you still have to transport the gasoline.. either by pipeline or by rail, then transport it again by truck to the gas stations.. all that shit takes gasoline or diesl fuel to get the gasoline to the pumps.. its costing more in transportation to get it to the pump, its costing more to make the gas from the raw crude oil, and its costing more to find new wells. the government would just be hurting everyone by yanking the tax off of it. because either the manufacturers or the reselers would raise it.. so we would pay the price no mater what..
and then you factor in the value of the dollar.. its a takes a dollar fiddy to get yourself a single british pound.. thats not good..as of this morning anyway. im not saying its a bad idea in the short term but its a bandaid over a sword gash...

oh and finaly.. factor in all the millitary shit we got going on right now? the big jump if you remember was several months after we invaded iraq... im not saying we should pull out or not but thats a huge millitary operation going on over there every day useing lots of gasoline and oil from the people we normaly buy it from and ship to our country. so that has a major impact on the price as well because when they do those analizeing things where they say we use say 400million gallons of gasoline or 20 million barrols of crude a day (4 gallons per household a day for the united states)..they dont factor in how much the millitary is using.
getting back to the transportation of all this stuff, A tanker truck can typically hold about 9,000 gallons (34,000 liters) of gasoline. It would take 40,000 tanker trucks to carry the gasoline the U.S. consumes in one day. A large tanker ship like the Exxon Valdez carries about 1.26 million barrels of oil, so it takes about 14.25 of these ships to carry all of the oil that the U.S. consumes in one day now a fully loaded semi tanker at 80 thousand pounds is gonna get about 6 miles to the gallon. i dono about the ship yet im still looking for the information

Last edited by grimwolf3176 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Front Runner
Front Runner

My next car...

with a busa motor in it right? :haha:

Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Blasphemy!
Blasphemy!

:shock: :lol:

After seeing what i saw on Tuesday ...you have no room to make fun of any vehicles at all !! :nuts: :runaway:

:lol:

Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

this morning at hess it was 3.71 when I got out of work it was 3.77..it never ever goes down like that.
Gas goes down and diesel just stays the same or goes up.

Im soooo sorry I bought it. I think Im going to sell it and buy some small beater car. I can see I will be riding the bike through hail wind and rain this summer.

I might have to start riding the bicycle.

http://www.Defaziobrothersracing.com

http://www.Speedbike.com

Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:44 pm
Profile YIM
Front Runner
Front Runner

fuck it im gonna buy a horse. ill ride that to the unemployment office LMAO :lol:

Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Blasphemy!
Blasphemy!

I can't decide Yamaha Zuma or Honda Ruckus ....The Aprillia SR50 might be a bit to rich for my blood

Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next