Rookie

I'm buying a slant 6 for the Charger.

Just pull the engine out of your Mom's Dart. :wave:

Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:03 pm
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Post Re: I've had it!!!!
TRC51 wrote:
Well, I now know where my economic stimulus check is going.... in my freaking truck for fuel!!! I think I have reached my breaking point..... $3.79/gallon to fill up today! $115 to fill it! This is BS!! Welcome to NY.... third highest prices for fuel in America and edging for second place.

I think I am going to look in to getting rid of my truck and buying some used vehicles. Probably going to sell my oversized trailer too. No sense any more. This is just stupid.... especially if the economy is on a down turn. :anger: :mad:

I just saw the price at mobil on wolf this morning ... $5.05 for diesel. Have you drawn up any assassination plans yet?

Thu May 22, 2008 9:51 am
Profile YIM
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post Re: I've had it!!!!
Kamikaze wrote:

I just saw the price at mobil on wolf this morning ... $5.05 for diesel. Have you drawn up any assassination plans yet?

Exactly the opposite... I am driving the F'in thing all the way to F'in NYC to go pick up my new bike. yeah. :? Mixed emotions... happy about the bike, pissed about going to get it.

LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com
www.streetandcomp.com

Thu May 22, 2008 10:45 am
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

yeah ... i've kinda said fuck it too. just drove by mobil, saw that, and i wondered what you were thinking these days :D

Thu May 22, 2008 10:55 am
Profile YIM
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Oil is over $135 a barrel. I'm just waiting for the economy to totally tube. This is probably the last trip for the Diesel monster. I am going to lose my shirt on a trade in, but at this rate, I'll get that back in a couple of months with the fuel savings. My fuel bill is over $500/month now... and that's after cutting back on my useless travel.

LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com
www.streetandcomp.com

Thu May 22, 2008 11:16 am
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Yeah, i've cut out a lot of travel too. We'll see as we get towards winter. I may end up buying a sipper to drive around once the bike weather is over. It will likely be a prius.

They say the gas prices are going to be good for the nation because it's going to force us to change our habits and look towards alternative energy sources ... but the rich will still get richer. If we pay $6 a gallon for gas how much cheaper are the alternatives going to be. Even if they cost less to make they will still charge close to the same price for the fuel. Look at E85... when you consider the drop in fuel economy using it, and the fact that it's only $1 cheaper than E10 you pay about the same amount of money per mile.

I read in one article that last year the CEO for shell made 14 million after his shares and other investments were totalled. His salary from the corporation is over 3 million by itself..... we're getting fucked meanwhile middle eastern countries pay less than $1 a gallon.

Thu May 22, 2008 11:27 am
Profile YIM
Administrator
Administrator

A few years ago we had a spike in oil prices that drove heating oil, etc up a bit during the winter months. The radio reported that wood fuel prices went up accordingly. There wasn't a lack of wood supply...just an increased demand.

It always seemed to me that the market is about profit. Not benevolence. Just like it costs an arm and a leg for a tent in some parts of China these days you can bet that alternative fuels will be plenty expensive when the demand shifts over to them in this country. Why not? if you'll pay me ten bucks for that ear of corn rather than ten cents then I'd better sell it to you for ten bucks 'cause the other guy can get that much for it and will sell it for that price anyway.

I suppose the good news is that if the alternative energy field blows up then there will be plenty of opportunities to make a living at it. I might still have to pay 5 bucks a gallon for gasahol but at least I got a better-paying job in the gasahol business. Maybe the new greenie job will be closer to home and therefore I'll have a shorter commute. Cha-Cha. :)

If it makes you feel any better Travis my brother-in-law took a big loss on his Xterra when he traded it for his Yaris but wound up really surprised at how much easier his life got with the gas savings. He says it went way beyond what he projected. Maybe the same good thing will happen to you when you unload your truck.

-Trevor

Thu May 22, 2008 12:52 pm
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

OKAY ......now im getting pissed of to the point where its ruining my day. granted i dont have a diesel , but with ol 87 octane at 4.03 a gallon my big block 3/4 ton truck is costing me an arm and a leg to drive 85 miles every day!!! and my wife drives her durango 30-40 miles everyday. My gas bill last week was 220 bucks!!!!

next week it will be more.......How in the hell do they expect people to overcome this burden.??

I love my truck , I love cars , old cars especially , i love to drive for no reason. Now all of that is only bitter sweet. I'm about ready to sacrafice my truck to the cause and drive it into the exxon-mobil corporate office , just to drive the point home...literally ! :mad: :evil:

for a guy who eats sleeps and breathes cars and lives in his hobby....this is devastating!!! :cry:

comparative to home decor prices soaring 6 times higher .....Unholy would go on a killing spree !! :-o

Thu May 22, 2008 4:43 pm
Front Runner
Front Runner

OKAY ......now im getting pissed of to the point where its ruining my day. granted i dont have a diesel , but with ol 87 octane at 4.03 a gallon my big block 3/4 ton truck is costing me an arm and a leg to drive 85 miles every day!!! and my wife drives her durango 30-40 miles everyday. My gas bill last week was 220 bucks!!!!

next week it will be more.......How in the hell do they expect people to overcome this burden.??

I love my truck , I love cars , old cars especially , i love to drive for no reason. Now all of that is only bitter sweet. I'm about ready to sacrafice my truck to the cause and drive it into the exxon-mobil corporate office , just to drive the point home...literally ! :mad: :evil:

for a guy who eats sleeps and breathes cars and lives in his hobby....this is devastating!!! :cry:

comparative to home decor prices soaring 6 times higher .....Unholy would go on a killing spree !! :-o

i think i would only do that if i had nothing left to loose like i was terminaly ill with cancer or some shit.. id so pack my car full of c4 and drive into exxon mobils head quaters.. lol but im not terminaly ill and there for wont do it.. lol
*discamer* hey fbi fuck off im just kidding.

Thu May 22, 2008 5:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

A few years ago we had a spike in oil prices that drove heating oil, etc up a bit during the winter months. The radio reported that wood fuel prices went up accordingly. There wasn't a lack of wood supply...just an increased demand.

It always seemed to me that the market is about profit. Not benevolence. Just like it costs an arm and a leg for a tent in some parts of China these days you can bet that alternative fuels will be plenty expensive when the demand shifts over to them in this country. Why not? if you'll pay me ten bucks for that ear of corn rather than ten cents then I'd better sell it to you for ten bucks 'cause the other guy can get that much for it and will sell it for that price anyway.

I suppose the good news is that if the alternative energy field blows up then there will be plenty of opportunities to make a living at it. I might still have to pay 5 bucks a gallon for gasahol but at least I got a better-paying job in the gasahol business. Maybe the new greenie job will be closer to home and therefore I'll have a shorter commute. Cha-Cha. :)

If it makes you feel any better Travis my brother-in-law took a big loss on his Xterra when he traded it for his Yaris but wound up really surprised at how much easier his life got with the gas savings. He says it went way beyond what he projected. Maybe the same good thing will happen to you when you unload your truck.

-Trevor

Exactly, demand goes up so the companies figure shit, people need this, lets jack the price and make out while we can.

There is no other reason for the price jump in gas than oil companies knowing they can increase the costs, make more and more and we will still buy. We have to, our country is not set up for this. Europe has evolved to handle the fuel costs, most live near cities and their public transportation kicks butt compared with us. We live sprawled out all over the place. We would need 50-100 years of developement to get a grip on this.

But honestly the oil companies know there we have probably depleted a bit more than half the oil in the Earth, so obviously, the next half is going to be expensive. They realize they won't make money on oil forever.

Imagine just how much oil we wasted in the early days when it seemed we had more than we could handle.

On a side note, I can't wait until I don't have to drive nearly 90 miles a day. It costs me something like 70 bucks a week to get to work and back, with no extra curricular driving. That's in a 30 mpg Accord also.

Not to mention my only dam hobby now revolves around fuel. :mad:

Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:50 am
Rookie
Rookie

I dunno, but Diesel is $5+ where i live......so consider yourself luckey i.e. regular is $4.03 and I thought I hit a gold mine in Concord NH when I saw a gas station at $3.93 this weekend

Jurgen

Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:45 pm
Front Runner
Front Runner

I dunno, but Diesel is $5+ where i live......so consider yourself luckey i.e. regular is $4.03 and I thought I hit a gold mine in Concord NH when I saw a gas station at $3.93 this weekend

Jurgen

i just found a way to get 36 mpg in my v8... so im stoked... gas prices still suck but a 10mpg jump in the matter of 60 seconds and 600 bucks was fucking worth it.

Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
I touch myself
I touch myself

Location: Ballston Lake, NY...formerly Crashville, TN, now back in Nashville again...
Do tell...don't keep us in suspense now...

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
He is on a roll this year!!
Quote:
(Grimwolf3176)
fuck it im gonna buy a horse. ill ride that to the unemployment office LMAO :lol:

Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:06 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW