It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:49 pm

Local carshow pics... 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post Local carshow pics...
Snapped these from a small local show this weekend & thought I'd share.

As usual for around here, it was seriously deprived of cool Mopars, however, there were a few...
This is a 440 car with a 6-Pak added

I took 2 pics of this car...or at least I pushed the button twice...but in the end, I got one friggin' picture!
17" rims & 4-wheel brakes...
8)

Nice little hotrod, with a 440 transplant. :grin:
Image.

This was cool, an Aussie Falcon with actual documentation to being involved in Mad Max.
In the 2nd pic, the owner was polishing one of the top lights, by the time I worked my way around front, some schmuck was talking the owner's (black shirt/fanny pack) ear into a piece of NAUGAHIDE, I would have stuck around to ask some questions...but as it is, I'm imagining the guy soaking that ear in hot mineral salts at the moment...poor bastard. :roll:

This Pantera was cool (see 2nd pic).
That's the owner in the 2nd pic...apparently he had a slight coolant leak & was wiping it down.
Yep, twin screws... :sexwink:

And now for the rest of anything worthy of a picture...
No, it's not real...
...neither is this one...but I'd sure love to have it! :-D
Clean little 67 RS

Ok, this is a factory lightweight 63 Galaxie with a 406 tri-power/4-speed and fiberglass hood & bumpers (note, they ain't chrome)...pretty cool car!

Can-Am Grand Prix...dunno about youz guys, but I haven't seen one of these in at least 10 years. Kinda cool & still wearing original paint, complete with little boo-boo's.

And finally, just when you thought you'd seen all the possible Blazer mod scenarios...along comes the full fiberglass tilt front end (complete with fake hood scoops)...gimme a break. :nuts:
I wish I would have gotten a pic of the exhaust.
Picture a cheap flex-tube welded onto the header flanges & bent over in an s-shape to some cheezy glasspacks held to the nerf-bars with huge hose clamp style clamps. :puke:

Behold...

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:09 pm
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!
Hey Hillary....ya cunt!

I AM THE NIGHT RIDER!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Administrator
Administrator

If you took the motor out of car #1 (green one)
And stuck it into car #2 (black one)
and then painted the car red
you'd have my 67 GTX.

I think the Can-Am belongs to my old landlord.

-Trevor

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:35 pm
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Back in the day, I thought those Can Am's were pretty stupid looking because of the T/A scoop on a big barge car...nowdays, they are almost cool. :D

Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:24 pm
Administrator
Administrator

Yup. Not a numbers-matching car, obviously (there was no 6BBL in '67).

Dunno what the motor came out of but as far as I know it was complete. It had the cast-iron intake manifold so it had to be either a '70 or '71.

It was a damn tight fit under the hood too. With the big factory air filter on (had to get a repro one at the MoPar Nats in Enlishtown NJ...the car came with -no- air filtration at all :!: ) the top of the assembly actually touched the underside of the hood.

The guy who bought the GTX from me was going to do a "frame off" resto on it. Last I heard he was going to basically finance the majority of the restoration on the money he was gonna make off of the sale of the 6-pack motor.

Back in '88-89 (last time I drove the car) a numbers-matching '67 in #1 condition was going for 30K. I believe I sold mine (#3-#4) for ~3500.

-Trevor

Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:23 pm
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

That sounds pretty cool, must have been a blast to drive.
Are you kickin' yourself for selling it, or was it time to move on?

A guy at my work bought a 66 Satellite convertible a couple years ago. It's got the original 361 in it now, but he's in the process of building a mild 440 for it.
He just needs more power, he sez. :-D

I thought I had more pics that just this avatar I made for him. :?

Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:24 pm
Administrator
Administrator

It was time to move on. Like so many of my other vehicle projects it got ignored and then neglected. It sat in the driveway unrunning for a year or so.

It was my highschool car. Well actually it was one of 'em (had a '74 Cuda and am '86 Laser at other times as well). But the GTX was (of course) the king shit car in my life. It was the only MoPar in the student lot and I held the flag up proud.

Nobody wanted to race me either. Or rather, nobody ever really tried...other than one dude in a very worked 2nd Gen Camaro (454 I believe). We never really got the chance to race proper...hard to say who would've won.

I loved how the car would light 'em up ALL THE WAY up any given hill, or leave 10-20 foot darkies every time I floored it at ~20-40 MPH. It was a vicious, engaging vehicle that took all of my attention and self control to operate.

Sometimes I pine for the old days and think about buying another old MoPar but the prices these cars are going for lately are just too much for me to justify. So yeah, I kinda wish I'd held on to it if only to be able to take it out and scare the public every once in a while. 8)

-Trevor

Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:33 pm