It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:08 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Superchip? 
Author Message
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:06 am
Posts: 2089
Post Superchip?
Anyone ever used one? For my truck it supposedly would gain about 15 HP and some significant torque gains. I'm thinking it might make towing the trailer to the track a little easier. Any input welcome.

www.superchip.com

_________________
2009 Sponsors - me, myself and I


Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:23 am
Profile
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 4:26 pm
Posts: 936
Location: Troy
Post 
Ive seen them install some chips on that Truck show on Saturday am.
But mostly ive seen them put them in Diesles..They seem to make a pretty big difference on the diesles..
Im not sure about the regular fuel.


Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:32 am
Profile YIM
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:59 pm
Posts: 569
Location: Rouses Point NY
Post 
i put the hypertech power programmer III on my 97 GMC K1500...gained 2mpg and seems to run a lot healthier..oh and speed limiter is bumped up to 128 mph :D

_________________
No Class, No Taste, No Shirt and Shit Faced!


Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:05 am
Profile WWW
Whaaat Evvveeeer!
Whaaat Evvveeeer!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:04 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Mm mm mm. Yummy.
Post 
MrVyper2U wrote:
Ive seen them install some chips on that Truck show on Saturday am.
But mostly ive seen them put them in Diesles..They seem to make a pretty big difference on the diesles..
Im not sure about the regular fuel.


Diesels Rule Vyper. 8) They just rule

300+ hp and 600ft/lb of torque can't be wrong :D

_________________
2005 KTM 300 EXC
2002 VFR 800 Interceptor
Licensed AMSOIL Dealer
http://www.amsoil.com/


Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:12 am
Profile
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:17 pm
Posts: 2182
Post 
Jasper wrote:
MrVyper2U wrote:
Ive seen them install some chips on that Truck show on Saturday am.
But mostly ive seen them put them in Diesles..They seem to make a pretty big difference on the diesles..
Im not sure about the regular fuel.


Diesels Rule Vyper. 8) They just rule

300+ hp and 600ft/lb of torque can't be wrong :D


Unless your towing to VIR with one and can't keep up with a 5.3L Silverado..... aside from that.... they rule.... well, maybe. :twofinger:

_________________
LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com
www.streetandcomp.com


Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:28 am
Profile
Whaaat Evvveeeer!
Whaaat Evvveeeer!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:04 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Mm mm mm. Yummy.
Post 
Who had their cruise control on at 75 through PA. and who had to get ruuning starts for the hills.

The 2005 power stroker just arrived last week. Chances of me borrowing it from my dad this spring not looking as promising. His last truck had 115,000 miles on it when I borrowed it, and it still held 75 up the hills on I 81 with the cruise on. :cool:

Someday I will get rid of my puddle jumper

_________________
2005 KTM 300 EXC
2002 VFR 800 Interceptor
Licensed AMSOIL Dealer
http://www.amsoil.com/


Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:39 am
Profile
Blasphemy!
Blasphemy!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:23 pm
Posts: 4333
Location: In Khyron's ass
Post 
NO !!! do not get him going on the diesel !!
do you know how many times i have heard this !!!
AAARRRRGGGHHHH !!!

_________________
MY HATRED IS ENDLESS


Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 4:26 pm
Posts: 936
Location: Troy
Post 
Put a Propane shot on that diesel that will wake it up..
They did that on the show...holy Sheiat... then they added NOS on top of that..
the Propane made a way bigger difference..

_________________
"When you hire a hooker, you're not paying for the sex.
You're paying her to leave when you're done!" - Pete



http://www.Defaziobrothersracing.com

http://www.Speedbike.com


Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:53 am
Profile YIM
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:17 pm
Posts: 2182
Post 
Jasper wrote:
Who had their cruise control on at 75 through PA. and who had to get ruuning starts for the hills.

The 2005 power stroker just arrived last week. Chances of me borrowing it from my dad this spring not looking as promising. His last truck had 115,000 miles on it when I borrowed it, and it still held 75 up the hills on I 81 with the cruise on. :cool:

Someday I will get rid of my puddle jumper


SO your saying it was Captain limp wrist behind the wheel that was the reason you were so far back? :twofinger:

And btw.... cruise means nothing. It just means the truck will do whatever it has to do to make sure that speed stays the same. If it had to, the cruise would put the pedal to the floor.

_________________
LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com
www.streetandcomp.com


Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:54 am
Profile
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:17 pm
Posts: 2182
Post 
MrVyper2U wrote:
Put a Propane shot on that diesel that will wake it up..
They did that on the show...holy Sheiat... then they added NOS on top of that..
the Propane made a way bigger difference..


I remember that. That truck was pulling 12 second 1/4's wasn't it?

_________________
LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com
www.streetandcomp.com


Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:55 am
Profile
Whaaat Evvveeeer!
Whaaat Evvveeeer!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:04 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Mm mm mm. Yummy.
Post 
TRC51 wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Who had their cruise control on at 75 through PA. and who had to get ruuning starts for the hills.

The 2005 power stroker just arrived last week. Chances of me borrowing it from my dad this spring not looking as promising. His last truck had 115,000 miles on it when I borrowed it, and it still held 75 up the hills on I 81 with the cruise on. :cool:

Someday I will get rid of my puddle jumper


SO your saying it was Captain limp wrist behind the wheel that was the reason you were so far back? :twofinger:

And btw.... cruise means nothing. It just means the truck will do whatever it has to do to make sure that speed stays the same. If it had to, the cruise would put the pedal to the floor.


The rpm's never changed. Any gaser would have to get out of overdrive and give up a gear or get a running 85 mph start. A diesel has so much torque it doesn't matter it just starts to whistle from the turbo. :lol:


Diesel is up to $2.45 yikes :eek:

_________________
2005 KTM 300 EXC
2002 VFR 800 Interceptor
Licensed AMSOIL Dealer
http://www.amsoil.com/


Last edited by Jasper on Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.



Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:34 am
Profile
Never Been Beat
Never Been Beat

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 4:26 pm
Posts: 936
Location: Troy
Post 
TRC,
Yeah that was crazy...the propane almost doubled the HP and Torque or something like that...and the NOS gave like another 50 -100 hp or something I dont remeber the numbers but the propane was crazy..
the thing was Smoking the wheels....

_________________
"When you hire a hooker, you're not paying for the sex.
You're paying her to leave when you're done!" - Pete



http://www.Defaziobrothersracing.com

http://www.Speedbike.com


Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:39 am
Profile YIM
Whaaat Evvveeeer!
Whaaat Evvveeeer!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:04 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Mm mm mm. Yummy.
Post 
Hey Major is all this information helping you out???

:hijacked:

_________________
2005 KTM 300 EXC
2002 VFR 800 Interceptor
Licensed AMSOIL Dealer
http://www.amsoil.com/


Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:27 am
Profile
Contributing Member
Contributing Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:17 pm
Posts: 2182
Post 
Jasper wrote:
Hey Major is all this information helping you out???

:hijacked:


Yeah.... gets some NNNNNNNOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSS Major... yeah, NNNNOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :doh: :lol:


BTW, how much is this chip we're talking about? I have been thinking about getting a cat back exhaust with all the extra money I have (yeah right), but it's supposed to added gobs of torque. Maybe the chip would be better... I don't know if I can take the noise anymore.


.... Man I'm getting old.

_________________
LRRS Expert #75

Sponsored by:
FOX POWERSPORTS
Herkimer, NY
315-866-1200

www.foxpowersports.com
www.pirelli-moto.com
www.lockhartphillipsusa.com
www.streetandcomp.com


Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:31 am
Profile
Whaaat Evvveeeer!
Whaaat Evvveeeer!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:04 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Mm mm mm. Yummy.
Post 
That cat back would sound sweet

_________________
2005 KTM 300 EXC
2002 VFR 800 Interceptor
Licensed AMSOIL Dealer
http://www.amsoil.com/


Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:49 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.